Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Surprise From Cousin Linda

Cousin Linda and I haven't seen each other in years. Mom fills me in on her side of the family whenever there's news. She and I played together when we were kids and remember good times had in her family's yard and house. Funny what you remember and I remember just about every tree in that yard!

Just last week she emailed to ask for my snail-mail address. Said that she was sending a surprise and to email back when I got it. Goodie! I love surprises!

Yesterday the package came and it was a photo of our Grandmother, Heller Gertrude Zeller Kelly (1894 - 1985). She's what, ten to twelve years old in this photo below and she's just the little princess! I recognized her face right away.

We don't know the exact date of the picture so it's off to the usual online sources to see if we can narrow the gap. But look at those details in the clothing. Those should give some idea about the time period. Meanwhile my Mom is busy trying to figure out her age here. Mom is really good at this game and can make an estimate and then tell you exactly why she thinks it's a sound guess. She's good.

And a great big "Thank You" to cousin Linda!!!

My Grandmother, Helen Gertrude Zeller Kelly
in her youth, looking super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment