Thursday, March 1, 2012

Houskeeping

1.) It's the first of the month and it's Back-up My Files Day! Back-up of files is automatically done by Carbonite so I don't have to think about it. It costs about $60 a year or $5 a month if I did the math correctly... and that can be a problem for me;) Well worth it. Had a total system crash early this year and was sure happy that Carbonite was at work. Recovered everything!

2.) I'm indexing! Wooo for me! By yesterday afternoon was so into it that I started feeling like I had a job;) Time to take a break. And that's the beauty part: you can just stop in the middle of a line and walk away. When you come back it remembers where you were and has backed up all your work. It's a beautifully written program.

Wish I has as little trouble making my way around the FamilySearch site. Maybe I need to drive on over to the Center and get someone to give me another tour. I'm missing something, for sure.

Picture of the day from my file:


Mom, 1919.

No comments:

Post a Comment