Tuesday, September 11, 2012

All You Have To Say Is 9/11

Some day in the future I'll have to sit down and write a short autobiography so someone won't have to go to the trouble of assembling a word picture of me for the family history file. I know now that one of the memories I'll have to write about is the events both public and personal surrounding September 11, 2001.

We all have our own individual memories of that date and what it means to us. And our nation, it seems, is slowly coming about the process of healing and seeing it in a ever so slightly more historical framework. I'll be happy when the wounds of our hearts and minds have healed more. But it's gonna be a while.

I guess all of history's tragedies are like that. Reading about history, as we all do as we research our ancestors, is one thing. But being "in" history is quite something else.

I pause and remember with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment