Thursday, April 26, 2012

Frostburg Mining Journal Online: A Dilemma


Can your read that? It's difficult, right? That's the quality of the Frostburg Mining Journal online at the Maryland State Archives based on the Baltimore microfilm. (See below.) Some bits are better than that and some much worse. Mom and I decided that it is not as clear as the microfilm over at Frostburg State University's Ott Library's Special Collections.

So the dilemma is this: wait for the FMJ to be put online at some future point by Frostburg State University or go ahead and sponsor pages at the Maryland State Archive. Something is better than nothing, I guess. And I did find the mention of my GGF, Gus Zeller seen above. That's worth a lot, although I don't think I'd be able to make out the words if I didn't already have that text from my file on him... taken from the Frostburg State University's library microfilm.

The URL of this post is: http://nutsfromthefamilytree.blogspot.com/2012/04/frostburg-mining-journal-online-dilemma.html

No comments:

Post a Comment