Monday, November 5, 2018

Long Time

Yes, it has been a very long time since I've posted regularly here that I even forgot the password. But I have an idea now that could be useful to researchers. Mom's turned 100 this past July and about 10 years ago or so we started chatting on the phone. For years it was just about daily. Over time it was more difficult to make those calls happen, and that wasn't due to any lack of enthusiasm on my part. Then it ended when she became more challenged in doing tasks of everyday life. And her memory wasn't as sharp as it had been so it was awkward for her at times.

Our talks usually turned their attention to genealogy after a couple of minutes. Looking back now I'm so very glad that early on I grabbed a spiral binder and started taking notes.

What I'd like to do, if it works out, is post some of those notes and her recollections of relatives and ancestors. They were so good!!! It would be a shame not to record them.

Mom with her big birthday cake!!

Over 40 relatives and close friends attended.
Loved seeing each and every one.

1 comment: