Sunday, September 8, 2013

Excuses

I have been slacking off lately and not posting to the blog much. It's the end of summer and my summer slump, along with allergy stuff in my head, has made me feel like sometimes the last thing I want to do is write.

There are no end of excuses about why I haven't been posting to this blog, and I really could list them, from my dog passed away to I need to buy a sofa and did but the delivery got all screwed up and we cancelled the order so I have to start over again. But deep inside I know that it's simply the end of summer slump. Hey, man, it's too hot!

In a week or two I'll get going again and finish up the Surname Saturday from two weeks ago as well as the report on Mom's DNA relatives and her haplogroup and what percent Neanderthal she is. There's a bunch of fun stuff to write about... in a minute or a little while.

So my friends, let me say that I hope you had a wonderful summer, that the kids in your life are peacefully and blessedly back in school, and that we will soon all be thinking about pots of hot soup bubbling on the stove or in the crockpot while we keep our faces attuned to the glowing light of the computer screen in search of lost ancestors.

Now for one last nap in the hammock, and a cold beverage. Pass the chips, please!



Mom and her mother, left, Emma Susan Whetstone Williams (1897 - 1956).
I believe they are at the Potomac River in summer and that's Mom on the left with her hand in front of her face.
Summer: wonderful and magical summers of past: gone too soon.


The URL for this post is:  http://nutsfromthefamilytree.blogspot.com/2013/09/excuses.html

No comments:

Post a Comment