Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me... But it's not about me any longer

Today is my birthday and I'm having a hoot of a time! Mom and I had a chat this morning by phone where she told me my birth story (again) and I thanked her for birthing me. HA! This time she added a detail about how Dad got to the hospital late and Mom was just about to deliver so the doc gave him a lecture and Dad gave as good as he got. Aunt Dot, Mom's sister, said she thought they were going to come to blows over it right there in thye hospital!

But today I'm thinking that I'm here because of Mom, of course, and my ancestors and that in some way I really do feel that connection back through time to each one I've learned about. So today is not just a celebration for my birthday as much as it is, for me, a celebration of the ancestors.

Through genealogy I've learned so very much about my family's history and times and places. Now that's something to celebrate! FIESTA!! (After all, I live in Southern California:)

1 comment:

  1. How fun that your mom shared a story you hadn't heard. My g-g-grandmother's birthday was yesterday and I barely got her post up before the day ended. I wanted to come and wish you a happy birthday, too, but forgot. So, belated wishes for a happy birthday. I hope you had a great day and wish you a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete