Monday, May 16, 2011

Family Newsletter, Summer Issue

You won't believe this but it's true, I swear... and you can ask Mom. On the same day we were both looking at the January (or was it December, I forget) issue of Family Tree Magazine, which we both love to pieces, and we both saw an article about family newsletters. Being Irish and Welsh and having folk tales and legends and superstition in our blood, we knew it was an omen... or something just short of it:) So we decided to start one right then and there.

We're putting the summer issue together now and I have to say, I've been thrilled by the response of the cousins to the first issue. Lots of volunteers to share stories and fun memories. Why, my way too busy brother even wrote a hilarious story about he and Uncle Bernie on a boat trying to "catch" ducks. You have to read it when the newsletter comes out and I'll be sure to post a link here.

It's funny the stuff you remember when you give it time. Mostly good stuff and happy times. Think it's real healing too. Glad we started this thing.

And now the cousins, bless their generous hearts, are sending photos too! Don't you just love an old photo? Those olde time pictures are very charming and engaging but the ones i truly love to bitty-bits are the pix from the 1950s and 60s. The old color photos half faded. They make me laugh and they make me cry. See told you we're Irish and Welsh!

Hey, anyone know where they keep the spell check on this thing? I need one!!


Gustav Zeller, my great grandfather and quite the character!

No comments:

Post a Comment